COMMUNITY FUN DAY FOR ALL AGES AT MINTLAW COMMUNITY CENTRE
Dab Training, along with their partners, Aberdeenshire Council, Aberdeen Community Safety Trust and MACBI (Mintlaw & Central Buchan Initiative), are planning a fun packed event at Mintlaw Community Centre on Saturday 15th August, 10am until 4pm.
The event, billed as a Community Fun Day and Road Safety Event, has a serious underlying message running throughout – namely road safety.
Alan Brown, DAB Plus Manager adds; “With a significant number of people being injured and losing their lives on our roads in the north east of Scotland, DAB Training and our partners wanted to create an event that will inform and educate people about how to stay safe whilst driving.
Although it’s a serious message being portrayed, we wanted the event to be fun for everyone. There’s going to be lots going on during the event including a bouncy castle and some gladiator style dualling, lots of different stalls and something to eat and drink that appeals to everyone.
This is a fantastic local initiative based right in the heart of the community at Mintlaw and we’re looking to welcome locals and visitors from further afield on the day.”
On the day there really will be something to amuse, educate and entertain people of all ages. Entry is free, the day starts at 10am and finishes at 4pm at Mintlaw Community Centre, Newlands Road, Mintlaw.
A full list of activities planned for the day is as follows:
- Scottish Fire and Rescue Services will have a static display of a fire tender and RTC kit. They’ll also be performing a demo casualty extraction at around 1pm.
- DAB Plus will have a brake reaction timer on hand to demonstrate real stopping distances. They’ll also have beer goggles to simulate the effects of drink in the system – a serious message in a fun way.
- Local police unit will be in attendance.
- Heart Start Grampian will be demonstrating through participation the hands only CPR method.
- The Owl and Pussycat is a local charity who are providing a walk round interaction with some of their owls, some of which have starred in the Harry Potter films.
- Duthie Motors will be providing information on basic car care checks.
- R&M Leisure will be providing a fun dual racing simulator. Race safely against the clock or each other.
- Aberdeenshire Council will be in attendance with the GetAbout cycle roadshow and will also be giving advice on child seat safety.
- Theatre Modo are doing ongoing displays during the day encouraging youth interaction in positive diversionary activity.
- Buchan Community Safety Group will be educating people on the difference between pub measures and home measure.
- Local businesses taking part on the day include Unique Jewels and Jo Jo Jams.
- MACBI will be running demonstration classes for some of the events held at the Community Centre.
All we need now is your help! Tell all your friends and come along and support this really worthwhile community event. Oh and bring the sunshine with you!!
Read more →